How To Get More Design Clients
Watch the video on Youtube: http://youtu.be/2_wwoBuDeDM
Many designers often find their greatest challenge regardless of their level of talent or ability, is acquiring new clients.
Here are my strongest tips for getting new clients or landing a design job:
- Show only your best work. Put your Top 10 first.
- Have a high volume of quality work to show, don’t settle for having only a Top 10.
- Put your work online and place it online communities like Behance.net
- Submit your work to magazines and contest like Advanced Photoshop.
- Have a professional website to showcase your work.
- Have a print portfolio that you are able to present in person.
- Have a mobile portfolio for chance opportunities at an elevator pitch.
- Prepare to give 3 reasons why someone needs to hire you or give you their project.
- Be prepared to give references of satisfied clients who will compliment your work and professionalism.
- Be prepared to start the project right away (are you prepared/positioned to succeed?)